The Aberdeen Advantage
We know that our captioning can only be as good as those who create them, so we have spent years growing a team of highly trained, experienced captioners with the largest known dictionaries in the industry, always choosing the best captioner for your particular program genre. We refuse to hire students or amateurs who are not ready to "go live." Although we guarantee our captioners to write 200 words a minute with 98% accuracy or higher, our captioners can type from around 250 to 300+ words per minute. You'll find our "turbo-typers" to always be on-time, reliable, and never missing a millisecond of your programming.
In addition to our skilled writers, check out our unique services our clients enjoy:
- Live captioning managers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—even at 2:00 a.m.!
- Convenient, easy-to-access online scheduling system
- Multiple caption formats (transcripts, CC files, etc…) for post-production use and archiving are available. This service is unheard of in the live-captioning industry.
- We are up-to-date on the latest cutting-edge technology, allowing us to offer each of our clients individualized solutions. Tell us about your elaborate set up and we'll make captions happen the most efficient way possible.
How It Works
Do you ever find yourself wondering exactly how those words get up on the screen so quickly during the nightly news or your favorite sports game? If so, you probably fall into one of two categories:
- You think the TV is magical and produces captions automatically, or
- You envision someone slamming away on standard keyboard. It's a bit more complex than those initial misconceptions.
Here's the scoop:
- A highly trained and experienced real-time captioner remotely watches and listens to your program as it airs, and he/she types every spoken word by using a special stenographic keyboard.
- Their computer translates the steno into English text, formatted as captions.
- The caption data is sent to an encoder at the station or other location through a modem and phone line.
- Finally, the captions are encoded into the broadcast signal continuously as the program airs.
What Our Clients Think
"Aberdeen is a team of thoughtful professionals who pay attention to details. As a live show, our deadlines are extremely tight - Aberdeen meets them without fail and without sacrificing quality captioning of our show."
Armand Robert, Master Control Manager, Major TV Network