Any meeting, any event, any church service-basically anything that is spoken-can be live captioned to our custom-made live chat site that can be accessed by anyone around the world. Aberdeen Captioning offers this service to government agencies, universities, churches, and more to give the deaf and hard-of-hearing equal access. Whether it be council members, students, or members of your congregation, all can join in real-time either on-site or remotely from a web-enabled portable or mobile device.
The Aberdeen Advantage
We know that our captioning can only be as good as those who create them, so we have spent years growing a team of highly trained, experienced captioners with the largest known dictionaries in the industry, always choosing the best captioner for you particular program genre. We refuse to hire students or amateurs who are not ready to "go live." Although we guarantee our captioners to write 200 words a minute with 98% accuracy or higher, our captioners can type from around 250 to 300+ words per minute. You'll find our "turbo-typers" to always be on-time, reliable, and never missing a millisecond of your event.
In addition to our skilled writers, check out our unique services our clients enjoy:
- Live captioning managers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week-even at 2:00 a.m.!
- Convenient, easy-to-access online scheduling system
- Multiple caption formats (transcripts, CC files, etc...) for post-production use and archiving are available. This service is unheard of in the live-captioning industry
- Our process is fast, affordable, and easy
- Same-day requests honored at no extra cost
- Complete transcripts of events included
- Continually improving technology and following latest web video trends
How It Works
Here is how the entire process works:
- A highly trained and experienced real-time captioner remotely watches and listens to your event in real-time, and he/she types every spoken word by using a special stenographic keyboard.
- Their computer translates the steno into English text, formatted as captions.
- The caption data is sent to our custom-made live chat page directly through the Internet.
- Finally, the captions can be read in real-time by anybody, anywhere online.